The pellet heaters are otherwise called the fireplace pellet stoves. The fireplace pellet stoves are gaining fame and popularity all around the world. Do you know which type of fireplace pellet stove is good for your house? I am here to provide you with some useful tips on choosing a good pellet stove.
The fireplace pellet stoves are efficient, safe and eco-friendly stoves and they are turning out to be the best heating methods. It’s important for you to choose a good stove and then purchase it. Rod Bailey, a pellet stove dealer says that the pellet stoves are classified into 2 types.
That depends on the measure of heat that they produce. The two types are the high and low output pellet stoves. EF3 bi is the high output stove and it produces heat up to eleven kilowatts. The EF2 are low output pellet stoves and are capable of producing about ten kilowatts of heat.
The EF2 stoves are a little traditional in their make. They are made with the most modern techniques in the field. They are available as fireplace inserts and freestanding. There are brick lining and a control panel that comes with every model. The louvers are very decorative and are crafted to perfection to just hide the heat exchanger. The model could be bought according to your own tastes. The outer panel comes in royal black or twenty-four-carat gold. The ignition of this pellet stove model provides the user the real warmth immediately.
EF3 bi fireplace pellet stoves give the ultimate warmth to its users. They are designed with a touch of style and elegance. They add to the beauty of your home for sure. The view door is made up of quality glass that offers you a good view of the stove. They are serene and their warmth is more than enough for any might cold. The ignition system is automatic by default. Hey, are also available in both forms i.e. fireplace insert and free standing.
There is a large hopper that is easily accessible. They look very attractive. They are easy to use and maintain. They are available in basic and luxury models. They are worth your money. You can burn twenty kg of pellets for thirty-four continuous hours. That is really very pleasing to hear, isn’t it? Their heating depends on their model. You much have a chat with a good pellet stove agent before purchasing it.
Get to know about the features of the stove and then go for it. Their installation also cost you some amount. Anyhow, they are going to surely add to the beauty of your home.
Pellet Stoves Pros and Cons
If you are considering the purchase of a pellet stove for your home, business, or workshop, it’s a good idea to examine the pros and cons of these products before you make your decision. The use of pellet stoves is growing since they offer affordable, reliable heat. Let’s take a look at whether or not they make sense for you.
1. Pellet stoves use motors, fans, and other mechanical parts to circulate warm. These parts are subject to breakdowns, as any mechanical parts are. However, gas forced air furnaces contain similar mechanical concerns, so they are really no better. Radiant heat from wood or kerosene uses fewer mechanical parts but is less efficient.
2. Most pellet stoves do not come equipped with battery backup, so if power is lost, you’ll need a generator to run them, or employ an alternative form of heat.
3. Pellet stoves use motors and fans that make noise, though most have dampers that limit the decibels emitted into the living space. Unless you are very close to the unit, the noise should be almost unnoticeable.
4. Some pellet stoves do not offer as aesthetic a flame-like a fireplace. Many do, however, offer a large viewing window, a pleasing fire ring, and ceramic log inserts that make the flame appear more natural. And compared to how inefficient wood fireplaces are, many gladly choose a pellet stove.
5. Like all mechanical appliances, pellet stoves require periodic maintenance that the homeowner can do, and some that are better left to professionals. With ongoing maintenance, most wood stoves will deliver worry-free service for years.
Benefits of a Pellet Stove:
1. Pellet stoves produce clean, efficient heat that produces less ash for homeowners to clean up, and releases less smoke and other pollutants into the environment.
2. Pellet stoves are much easier to load than conventional wood stoves that use cordwood for fuel. The pellets come in 40lb bags that are easy to handle, easy to store, and include very little wood dust that might create an allergen in the home. Plus, there’s no splitting or stacking of firewood required!
3. Pellet stoves are easy to start. Some models require a simple push of the button, which causes an electronic starter to light the wood pellets. Others employ an automatic starter that is regulated by a thermostat. Either way, no starter log, newspaper, or another source of fuel is required.
4. Wood pellets provide quality heat and offer a high number of BTU’s by weight. This makes them an affordable heating alternative to LP gas, propane, electrical heat, and home heating oil. Both free-standing units and fireplace inserts are also much more efficient than simple fireplaces, which offer only 25% efficiency and waste more money than they save.
5. The amount of heat generated by a pellet stove is easily regulated, using a thermostat or by manually adjusting the flow of fuel to the fire. Being comfortable, without being overheated, is very easy to ensure.
6. Wood pellets are made from waste sawdust from sawmills, material that might otherwise go into landfills, so using wood pellets is a great way to help the environment. They burn very cleaning, emitting very little pollution.
Well, there is a wide range of stoves that you can use in order to make your house nice, warm and cozy but there are certain benefits of using very efficient means of heating mechanism and the most popularly used is the pellet stove. These pellet stoves are highly popular for their efficient means of heating for your home and make sure you remain very warm all through day and night. There are certain advantages of these pellet stoves that are unparalleled by any other means of house heating mechanism.
Wood pellets are among the popular and efficient stoves preferred nowadays. Wood pellet stoves have the wood pellets as their fuel. Wood pellets are nothing but tiny wood pieces that are obtained from the remaining wood mills and other wood workshops. Each wood pellet measures about nearly half an inch. They are dense and compacted very tightly, thus proving to be the best fuel for pellet stoves. The pellet stoves burn the wood pellets efficiently and that is why most people prefer them.
There have considerable developments in these heaters now a day, they are, the feed systems of the stoves are jam-free and the automatic ignition that they use is patented.
The firepot is made such that the cleaning can be done much simpler. The heat exchangers of pellet stoves are made out of highly durable material and do not give away easily.
The normal wood pellet stove consists of a hopper which is the fuel storage region, a burn pot, blower fans, thermostat and a master circuit board that controls everything. If you are going to purchase a wood pellet stove then there are a lot of factors that you have you consider before buying.
Always you should select models that are easy to operate. It’s not a good idea to service the pellet stove on your own, so you can get a service contract from the company in which you buy the wood pellet stove.
There are a lot of things that must be considered when purchasing a wood pellet heater. You must not only look at the external shape but also the working efficiency of the wood pellet stove must be considered. The heating experience that the wood pellet stoves give you is unparalleled.
When you buy pellet stoves make sure that you don’t buy stoves that have thin sheet metal as an outer cover. This will not last long. It’s important that the outer sheet is made of some thick metal sheet. The ash that is produced can be collected once a week. Ensure that the ash drawer is larger so that it makes the cleaning process easier.
The pellet stoves are available as fireplace inserts or as free stand models. The pellet stoves efficiency is measured in heat capacity. You make sure that you discuss with a genuine wood pellet stove dealer without purchasing one. The thermostat that the pellet stoves use must be of good quality. Don’t forget to ensure this.
The thermostat manages the working of the pellet stove by regulating the temperature and thus maintains the heating effect. There are two types of fuel feeders available. They are bottom-feed and top feed. It is better to go for the top feed model, as it makes loading easier. These are the various things to consider when buying a wood pellet heater.